You may have heard about Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy for Wii. It's a new exercise program for your Wii that doesn't require a Wii balance board.
Features
- After doing a detailed fitness test, goal assessment and body scan, Your Shape builds a fitness program for you.
- There are more than 400 exercises in different area (cardio, strength training, toning, flexibility etc.) so your workout isn't always exactly the same.
- You don't need the controller or a balance board. It comes with a small camera that watches you work out and compares you to the proper way to do the move and offers feedback.
- The game tracks your progress as you get closer to your goals.
- Jenny McCarthy is your guide, showing you what to do and encouraging you to keep going.
- You can do specialized workouts such as Get Bikini Ready, New Year's Resolutions, Free Your Mind and Active Mom Routine
- If you have a balance ball, weights a step bench, or a heart rate monitor, you can use it with the game, but these items are in no way required.
So what do I think? I think it's a great start but that the program could use some work. Here are my problems:
- I understand how the camera works but the problem is, I'm overweight and I don't necessarily want to see my body bouncing all over the place. Not to mention how skinny Jenny McCarthy is (even skinner in Wii format) which just makes me feel worse.
- By the same token, you see your house as it is behind you. My house does NOT look like it does in the sample screen shot above. So I see the clutter and dirty walls behind me.
- There is no option for light workout. It's quite hard sometimes, especially for me who is out of shape. I have troubles holding my hands up for any length of time and my balance is poor. I had to cheat on quite a few of them and I ended most of my workouts early (even though they are only 15 minutes long.)
- The music. It comes with over 70 tracks but I don't like most of them. I don't even recognize most of them. When you are in the menu it plays a fast version of Umbrella by Rihanna which is great so I was expecting popular music during the workouts but they are all instrumental and I don't recognize them. They don't motivate me.
Your Shape Game on Ubisoft (blog, tips, forum, tools, info)
Your Shape on Twitter
Your Shape on Facebook







































