Happy Canada Day!
This post is part of the Celebrate Canada Blog Party!
I go by Callista online and I've technically been blogging since 2003 but I have only been blogging regularly since the end of 2007, beginning of 2008. My blog has evolved quite a bit over the years and it's only now evolving into what I want it to become.
I'm a Canadian focused blog for women and parents on parenting, house and home, life, health, cooking and food and more. I am a mom of two girls ages three and four so I am a Mom Blogger technically. However I don't really blog about my kids that much.
In honour of Canada Day and the Celebrate Canada Blog Party, I have a little giveaway. I have another blog, a book blog called SMS Book Reviews. Normally all my book talk is there but the only thing I can give away right now is a book.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED
This giveaway is open to all Canadians,
I'm giving away We Know What You're Thinking: What Canadians Think and Why by Darrell Bricker and John Wright of Ipsos Reid. It's linked to my review of it on SMS Book Reviews if you want to know what I thought of it.
Summary: Bricker and Wright (of Ipsos Reid Research Company) share the insights they've found from thousands of polls and unlikely people they've met. Their latest book is filled with fascinating facts about Canadians from every province and territory, of all ages and income brackets. Also featuring "The Great Big Canadian Quiz" with 100 hilarious and eye-popping questions and answers.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED
Happy Canada Day and I hope you stick around. You can find my blog on facebook, follow me on twitter or subscribe. Good Luck!









































Okay, this is a bit funny.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading this book at the moment! I heard Darrell Bricker talk about a month an a half ago at Carleton Alumni Weekend and that was enough for me to go out and buy his book. He was a fabulous speaker. So very entertaining and knowlegeable!
As far as the book? It's light, entertaining and fun if you like quick facts and Canadiana (which I do - and there are some really good ones in there) - but it's been a few weeks and I haven't finished it yet, so not exactly a page turner for me. For me, it's something you can pick up and put down while reading other stuff - but you still learn something while reading it.
In my pre-baby life, I probably would have read it happily over a weekend - just hasn't happened with my current schedule.
Totally worth the read!
Sounds like a great book. I'm at the Party too! I will be posting in about an hour when midnight hits my part of Canada. Thanks for sharing (and doing a give away)!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you--waving from Alberta!
ReplyDeleteFollowing... thru the Blog Party!
Happy Canada Day!
ps- the book sounds great! But i'll leave it to someone else at this time-thx!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from the Blog Party. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat do I love best about being Canadian? How majority of us just want to get along and have fun! Canada Is the most beautiful place on earth.
Happy Canada day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Canada Day! I love this beautiful country. Our country offers it's citizens the best of everything...opportunity, healthcare, and beauty. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Canada Day!
ReplyDeleteWhat I love best about being Canadian is hard to put in to words. I travel to the US for work a lot but I am ALWAYS happy to come home, even in mid winter. I feel people here are more tolerant and friendly and open.
ReplyDeleteamy[dot]mckie[at]gmail[dot]com
I follow on Google Friend Connect!
ReplyDeleteamy[dot]mckie[at]gmail[dot]com
I follow you on twitter too!
ReplyDeleteamy[dot]mckie[at]gmail[dot]com
Happy Canada Day! I think I love being Canadian most of all because we are free - we are allotted amazing resources as Canadians and people all over the world respect us because of who we are. We are lucky in so many ways and I appreciate it every day!
ReplyDeletecharmtime at gmail dot com
Just started following, thanks to the Blog Party!
ReplyDeleteI hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds like something to add to my list!
Happy Canada Day!
Kate @ This Mom Loves
I love everything about being Canadian! How to choose one thing? Just dropping by from the blog party. Happy Canada Day!
ReplyDeleteWhat isn't there to love about being Canadian? I love how kind we are, how beautiful our country is and our sense of humour.
ReplyDeletejenandjoey at gmail dot com
Here is my blog for the blogparty
ReplyDeletehttp://jenandjoeygogreen.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-canada-day.html
Happy Canada Day! :) I'm visiting from the blog party! I hope you read something great today
ReplyDeleteHappy Canada Day! I am visiting from the blog party.
ReplyDeleteWhat do I love best about being Canadian?
ReplyDeleteI think I like how we're just a bit more relaxed about things up here. I also think that the diversity of our country and the way we celebrate it makes us unique (in a good way).
That books sounds very interesting! Perfect choice for a Canada Day giveaway. Thanks for joining the party!!
And, of course, I'm visiting from the Celebrate Canada Blog Party!
ReplyDeleteI love our diversity and the gentle way we have of proclaiming our patriotism. I even love the dramatic way we proclaim our love of country during sporting events.
ReplyDeleteI love the breath of scenery we have from mountains and seashore to prairies and gentle rolling hills, from great lakes to frozen tundra. It is all beautiful.
Bridges at sympatico dot ca
Happy Canada Day! What a fun way to celebrate with a blog party!
ReplyDeleteWhat do I love about being Canadian? Just that we are so cool - I like that we are faulted for being nice... that is a good thing to be faulted for.
Is faulted a word?
Happy to discover your blog today through the Canada Day Blog party. Look forward to visiting again soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat do I like about Canada? Everything. I think we live in the best country in the whole world, and I am very proud to be Canadian.
alongtheway at telus dot net
Happy Canada Day!
ReplyDeleteI think we live in the best country in the world. We have nice people, beautiful landscapes and honour diversity!
I like that I'm raising my children in a country that values family with good maternity leave, good educational opportunities, public health care, natural beauty and rich natural resources.
ReplyDeletedenimc{at}gmail{dot}com
I follow on Google Friend Connect
ReplyDeleteI follow you on twitter @thesehappydays
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about being Canadian is that we celebrate diversity. I have fond memories of Heritage days in Edmonton.
ReplyDeleteHopping thru the Canadian Blog Party, nice to meet you! Hope you have a fabulous holiday wknd, celebrating all this is wonderful about our country! :-D
ReplyDeletewhat i like best about being Canadian!? the diversity in climates, landscapes and people!
ReplyDeleteI am linked up from the blog party!
ReplyDeletefollowing via GFC
ReplyDeletefollowing on twitter @beingtazim
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great Canada Dayu! I am a new follower! Organic Girl
ReplyDeleteI like the diversity of Canada and we are more laid back than other North Americans.
ReplyDeletebilliondollarprincesss@hotmail.com
Giveaway Closed - No More Entries
ReplyDeleteBut you CAN Comment!