Google+ Tim Hortons Ups Their Cup Size | Callista's Ramblings

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tim Hortons Ups Their Cup Size


Tim Hortons seems to be following along with other companies (especially in the US) whose drink sizes are super sizes. The official date for the change is Jan 23, 2012 but there are some stores that have already made the switch. So find out if they've switched before you order unless you don't mind getting a bigger size.

Tim Hortons says that the prices will not change but some of my friends think it's just a matter of time before the prices go up, but that it will be deemed separate from the bigger cup sizes.

What do you think? Are you happy the cup sizes are changing? Would you buy the new XL? Do you think the prices will go up later? Chime in below!

*Disclosure: I am sharing this information because my readers may want to know. No compensation was provided. See my Disclosure Policy for more information. 

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure the price will go up, but that's to be expected. I won't complain about it. As for the new XL, I probably would buy it! I love Timmies :p What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the prices will go up in a month or so but I do love the new size. On a morning where I need that extra bit of coffee, this would be a nice choice. I love my Timmies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah, the prices will go up. I have never ordered anything over a large at TH, so now I'll have to remember to ask for a medium. Personally, I think that XL is way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink coffee but that extra large looks disgusting, people drink that much coffee in one sitting? doesn't sound healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped going to Tim Hortons a long time ago. I worked there as a teen, had excessive coffee withdrawals when I stopped working there and now hate the company. Whatever they put in that stuff is addicting.

    When I worked there, I didn't drink coffee. Now I can't function without coffee. They'll put the prices up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm a Canadian ex-pat who always stops for one last Timmies tea at the border before I cross back into the uncharted wilds of the US, I'm glad that my tea will last a little longer... maybe long enough to get through the inevitable border delays?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that they've up their sizes, I always bought the xtra large for my tea..now i'll buy the new XTRA large...i hate their coffee. can drink any other coffee BUT theirs. yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prices are the same, I like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of tend to take a long time to finish a beverage. It would take me forever to finish a large! This said, the new sizes would be great for my nubby. I wonder when they'll increase the prices. No doubt they will sometime soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can drink an old Xl triple triple so quick I need the bigger size

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my coffee! I will be trying out the new size, not sure if I can drink it fast enough before it gets cold though. Maybe they need a new style of cups and lids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting it seems most are happy about the size change and a few think that the new XL is too big.

    Me? I don't doubt many people can and will drink it, I just don't think it's healthy. I don't actually drink coffee or tea, I drink iced capps which are currently staying the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new size, I drink my coffee slowly so it lasts forever lol, this one will last even longer. But it's still warm by the time I am done with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...