Google+ The Life of a Blogger #1–Callista’s Ramblings | Callista's Ramblings

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

The Life of a Blogger #1–Callista’s Ramblings

The Life of a BloggerLogo created from image by Flickr User NotionsCapital

Introducing a new feature, inspired by the Scene of the Blog feature that ran on Kittling: Books for four years for book bloggers.

Have you ever wanted to know what life is like for your favourite blogs? Now might be your chance to find out! I will be sharing a little of what life is like for fellow bloggers. If there is enough interest, it may well be a weekly thing. To learn more or if you want to be featured in a future post, fill this out.

Callista’s Ramblings is run by Kathleen. You can read more about Kathleen on her about page or at kathleengarber.com

Behind the Scenes of Callista’s Ramblings

Who am I really? You’ve seen my face on all my social media accounts and around my blogs and you’ve heard my “voice” on here, but what is life like for me REALLY?

First, a peek at my work desk (WARNING: Lots of clutter!)

callistasramblingsdesk

No matter how hard I try to keep my work area clean, it NEVER works. Why? Mostly because I have three kids who seem to think they can put their stuff on my desk wherever they want. However I can’t blame it all on them. I have a bad habit of not putting my stuff away properly.

So how do I manage to run this blog (not to mention my other 4-6) with that mess? I am still in the process of getting organized but my blogging binder has been a big help and I’ve been working on decluttering and organizing my desk drawers and other parts of my home so I can get myself in order. See that Iced Cappuchino from Tim Hortons there? That’s a must. It helps me focus. Other bloggers drink coffee, Iced Capps are my drink of choice. Otherwise it’s water.

Name 5 Things We Probably Don’t Know About You From Reading Your Blog:

  1. I am FAST at many things. I walk fast, I talk fast, I eat fast, I read fast, I dress fast. People are always telling me to slow down when I talk or walk.
  2. I have trouble making decisions. This is one thing I am NOT fast at. My brain hurts and I have trouble deciding. I think I’ve always had this problem.
  3. I struggle with my Mental Health. I haven’t talked about this too much on here, but not because I am hiding it. I had a mental health blog at one time but it didn’t work out and I just haven’t found myself writing about personal issues too much. I have Bipolar II. Okay technically that’s on my about page but I haven’t really posted about it.
  4. I am in LOVE with Social Media and blogging. If owning 7 domains and having multiple accounts on each social media platform isn’t evidence of that, I don’t know what is.
  5. Even though my house is always cluttered, I do love to be organized. I’m just constantly in a state of organizing, instead of ever being organized. When I was a kid I had my own “business” called K.O.O.O. (Kathleen’s Organized Organization of Organizing) where I charged 25 cents and hour to organize my friends and families stuff.

Name 3 Things You Do When You Are Not Blogging:

(and thinking of blogging, planning blogging and talking about blogging do not count!)

  1. I read. I would read more if my son would let me. I LOVE reading. I’d much rather read than watch TV.
  2. Go to playgroup. Here in Canada we have what we call playgroups. It’s a drop in center where parents go with their children ages 6 and under and the parents stay. There are tons of toys, circle time and a provided snack. All free. Parents play with their kids, get support from other parents and the staff and make their own friends. I LOVE playgroup.
  3. Run Brownies and Girl Guides. I’ve mentioned before that I’m a leader so I’m always planning the next meeting.

Funny or Shocking Story in One Paragraph Or Less… Go!

I was run over by a school bus when I was five years old. Bus thought I wasn’t coming, I ran to catch it, slipped on ice, slid under and bus rolled over by abdomen, crushing my spleen and breaking my hip. Lucky to be alive.

Remember – fill this out to be featured in the future!

23 comments:

  1. Omg you were run over?! I wish the states had playgroup. Not much for free available :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's pretty much the reaction I usually get LOL. Most of our free playgroups are run by the public school board or the government.

      Delete
  2. I love that you had your own business as a kid! So cute! :) And yes, you ARE lucky to be alive! Amazing story. I love this idea, and may do something similar periodically :) Fun to learn more about you and see where you work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes while all the other kids were selling lemonade, I was organizing hehe

      Delete
  3. You desk looks a LOT like mine - stuff everywhere! But don't worry I know where everything is (most of the time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love organization too, but sometimes I can feel overwhelmed by the clutter I create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and it doesn't help that when you are organizing things, it actually looks messier for a while.

      Delete
  5. This is an incredible feature. I feel like I know you so much better now! The school bus things was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you fill out the form, we can get to know you better too!

      Delete
  6. I love this and seeing a sneak peak into your work area :) I'm also fast at everything I do lol. And omg...I can't believe you survived the school bus??!! Wow, you're lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am because there was another school bus accident only a few months after I mine I think and the child died. Good to know I'm not the only FAST person.

      Delete
  7. Love how you did this - my whole house is my office :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat feature about the behind the scenes life of a blogger! And I am writing this from my kitchen table, beside squished grapes that my kids left here ;)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL don't you love how they leave their messes on the table! NOT.

      Delete
  9. That is awesome. I love the feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Playgroups in Canada sound like a lot of fun. You should see my mess. I have a desk but I rarely use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are loads of fun, and great for the kids and parents. Especially those who might need the extra nudge to be more engaged with their children. Studies have shown that kids who attend playgroup before entering school, are more well adjusted.

      Delete
  11. We go to playgroup once a week too. The kdsi and I love it. It's my sanity. Ouch on the school bus story. Glad that everything turned out okay.

    Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I go 3 times a week minimum. Going tomorrow morning in fact!

      Delete
  12. Anonymous12:02 AM

    My son also goes to the playgroup - strong start here in BC. We did just put him in a 2 day/week preschool, too, but he loves the other as he's made a good friend there.
    Love the feature and getting to know about you. My desk, um.. ditto? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I am the same with clutter, I hate it but I can't get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the clutter bug too. It's weird because at my office at my "real" job as some like to call it, I have no clutter whatsoever. Everything is filed, scanned and put where it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gosh!! i can't believe the school bus story!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...