Google+ Budding Iron Chefs or Nutritionists? | Callista's Ramblings

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Budding Iron Chefs or Nutritionists?

My kids, especially my 5 year old, LOVE cooking. Not only do they fight over helping in the kitchen, they watch Food Network Shows with me.

My 5 year old pays more attention to a cooking show than she does to some cartoons. She doesn't just passively watch either, she asks questions about everything:

  • What food is that? 
  • What is he doing to the meat?
  • What's that she's using?
  • What are they making?
She loves Iron Chef America but will watch any Food Network Show. Both girls (the other one's 3)  like the children's show Big Cook, Little Cook on BBC. 

They eat their fair share of non healthy foods but they are aware when something is not healthy and if they aren't, they always ask. They know that you should only have un-healthy food sometimes and in small quantities. They know that food gives them energy so they can do things.

My 5 year old has some kids magazines that feature a recipe or two and she wants to try them. 

One can only guess what their children will do for a living when they grow up but I wouldn't be surprised if I was nurturing a future chef or nutritionist.

Do your children show signs of a possible future job?

5 comments:

  1. hi following u from MBC
    http://www.soniakathuria2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budding chefs?! how fun! I love to cook, and my little Crawfish Pie loves to help in the kitchen. But she also loves to help with the laundry, dusting, mopping, making beds, etc so I don't have any signs as to what her future occupation will be just yet. She gets really involved in whatever she does so when she does pick a career I know she will put her whole heart into it. Following from Explore Play & Learn :) http://crawfish-pie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle... my daughters always volunteer to help with all house chores but my eldest usually gets bored of it quickly and says its boring while my 3 year old is the best helper ever. She has an unusually long attention span for her age and will not quit a job until it's done and it's done right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as my 19-month old son LOVES to eat, I can only hope that he'll enjoy cooking too.

    Thanks for following from the blog hop. Returning the favor!

    http://ahootiehoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for stopping by Canadian Coupon Mom. I'm following your lovely blog!
    Both my children love to help cook and bake, and they too fight over who gets to pour or stir what!

    I think it really helps them enjoy their food more.

    www.canadiancouponmom.ca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...